31 March 2010

throat lump



It's been there all day.
Today I registered elle for kindergarten…
And honestly,
it was harder than signing lily up
because now I know how fast time flies
once they are in school.
You can't stop it.
It's like sand through my fingers.
So after I filled out what felt like
more papers than it took to get my mortgage,
I came home and snuggled with her.
elle's a snuggler,
and as soon as I touch elle, her thumb goes in her mouth.
And today I didn't make her take it out.
I don't want her to grow up.
She's such a middle child and she keeps us laughing.
Tomorrow, we'll work on not sucking that thumb
(so she can get a kitty).
But today, she's allowed…
Cause I said so.

6 comments:

  1. This made me cry:( Time does fly so fast. Nicely said:)- Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet, well written, and it makes me feel sad and happy, too. loves. they're all so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much ladies! it's such therapy writing it down. i only wish i had started this years earlier. how many elle stories have i forgotten? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just now made aaliyah stop...she's six:) ellemers, aunt monna needs some snuggles too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is so sweet! I can remember Elle being born so clearly... Love her :-)

    And why is Monica anonymous? haha!

    ReplyDelete